Oh, this is the place where I'm supposed to talk about myself. I'm good at that!
These days, you can usually find me working backstage or costuming in local community theatres, reading a book, walking (that FitBit is addictive!), at a concert, drinking a craft beer with friends, knitting, embroidering, or taking a dance class.
- How do you say the name ELENI? It's just "Lenny" with an "Ah" in front of it. It means "Helen" in Greek, so it's a common name there. Yes, I am half Greek.
- What do you like to write the most? YA Paranormal Fiction
- What do you like to read the most? Paranormal Fiction mostly, I don't care what genre as long as it's fun and engrossing.
- When did you start writing? Age 8-9. I got bored and my Mema gave me her Typewriter, so I started writing my own stories on it, my version of "playing." I was also the little girl who would read during recess and had my books taken away by my teacher.
- What is your favorite book? That's like asking me which one of my cats is my favorite. But if pressed, I'd say To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee or The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. I know. Neither of these are YA Paranormal.
- Who is your favorite writer? Again, like asking me which one of my cats is my favorite. Above mentioned writers, but I also love JK Rowling for the Harry Potter Series, Bram Stoker for Dracula. I love horror a lot, so I also have to include Edgar Allan Poe. Also, I grew up on Ann M. Martin's books as well as RL Stine, Christopher Pike, Judy Blume, and Beverly Cleary. I want to see more juvenile books of girl gangs doing cool sh*t together series books again. That was what I grew up on. I love series books as a kid, not stand-alones.
- Is writing the only thing you do? Alas, I am an indie writer, which means I'm not with the Big 3 Publishing Houses (not yet, at least). So I have a day job. I don't mind, it's gotten harder and harder to be a full-time writer, and even then, full-time writers don't make much money. But at the same time, writers with the bigger publishing houses oftentimes have more restrictions and bigger deadlines, so I get to write/publish whatever I want. I don't do this for the paycheck, I do it because otherwise I'd go nuts without this outlet. I also love performing, I might make this an author/actress page one day. I also want to go back to school to get my Master of Marriage and Family Therapy if this writing gig never really works out.
- What do you want to do with your writing career? Like I stated above, I want to write a book series or two, write my own story, maybe one day write something good enough to be a film or TV show. I always wanted to get into writing for TV or movies.